Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Reese Does America

Reese's first trip to the States was great, I'm sure everyone got that impression from the rest of the posts about the trip. We had a long flight to Frankfurt to San Francisco and I was worried that Reese wouldn't be her cheerful self on the flight but she was amazing. The plane wasn't near full so we were able to bring Reese's carseat on the plane and have her sit in her own seat instead of on our lap. The flight was going well until a few hours in when I got up to change Reese's diaper; the woman in front of Reese had had her seat back about halfway but as soon as we got up she rammed it back all the way forcing Reese's carseat into a vertical position so when I got back I couldn't put Reese in. I couldn't believe someone would be so mean to a little baby, but she and her husband had already gotten upset when they got on because they couldn't get a free upgrade and were being pretty rude to the stewardess about it so I shouldn't have been surprised. Luckily the gentleman behind us had an empty row and offered to change seats with us.

It took Reese a few days to adjust to the time change and to the new people that were around her, but eventually she got used to everythind and everyone and just in time for Nate and I to leave her with my parents so we could take a trip to Tahoe. My aunt has a cabin up there and so she let Nate, Jaeger and I borrow it for the night. We went up and went over to the lake for a little bit and the next day we took a nice long hike before we headed back home to Reese. I'd like to think that Reese missed us, but I'm pretty sure she was too busy having Ava entertain her to worry about where we were. Ava was the ultimate Reese helper getting anything she may need and giving her tons of kisses. The best part of Ava with Reese was that Ava would always ask to hold her and then after a few seconds she would be done with it and push Reese away from her will trying to stand up and get away at the same time.
Well I've already posted about the rest of our trip and now that we're back we're just trying to get back to our routine, well I guess first we're trying to get back on Europe time then we'll worry about our routine.


1 comment:

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

Ava is so cute! There's some good luck in those genes for Reese (who too is beautiful) to continue the beauty as she grows! Jealous you went to Disneyland! I was just looking at our Disneyland trip scrapbook pages the other day!