Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Disneyland

I absolutely love Disneyland and was beyond excited to take Reese there, despite the fact that she's only 4 months old and it won't really be a "memory" for her. I wanted to make sure that she got to do everything that she possibly could and while the majority of the time I just got her standard indifferent face there were quite a few times that a ride or a character coaxed a smile out of her.

Friday morning Melissa, Ava, Nate, Reese and I went to the Goofy breakfast which was at the hotel and had a bunch of characters wandering through the restaurant at different points. They had all the foods a kid would want to eat for breakfast from regular breakfast foods to peanut butter and jelly pizza and dirt and worms. Nate chowed down on the pb&j pizza and even added sprinkles to it, I stuck with more traditional breakfast foods. After breakfast we met up with my parents and went over to Disneyland. Our first stop was Space Mountain since I hadn't been on it since the remodeled it and I was not disappointed. We were pretty lucky because most of the rides had a 20 minute wait at most and those were the rides that we just got Fastpasses for and came back to later, so we actually ended up doing almost every single ride that first day. Reese got to ride the merry go round and the majority of the rides in fantasyland plus she went on Pirates of the Caribbean, seeing as she is a pirate in training. I was so excited that when we came off of pirates there was a pirate in the ride gift shop so Reese got her picture taken with him.
That afternoon we went back to the hotel and went swimming in the pool, mind you this is after they cleaned the floater out of it :) Both Friday and Saturday the pool was closed for a period of time thanks to turd nuggets, but I guess that's what you get when you've got a pile of 2 year olds in the pool. Reese really liked the pool as did Ava who is in that "do it again" phase so I got to have her jump into the pool to me over and over and over again.


The next day Nate and I took Reese and Ava over to the park early for the Magic Morning early entrance. It was nice because it was so empty that we were able to let Ava run around a little bit without worry. We rode some rides and then got a Churro breakfast....BAD MOM ALERT: I let Reese have a lick of churro dust and she was licking her lips she liked it so much. After that we went over to Disney California and rode the Tower of Terror among other rides. That afternoon Ava and Melissa headed back to the hotel while the rest of us took Reese over to the bugs life kiddie ride area. She really liked this ride that was like the teacups but a lot slower. After that we went back to the hotel and did some swimming before we went back over to Disneyland for the rest of the night.
As you can tell, we had a really great trip. It was fun to see Ava so excited about everything and hopefully we'll get to go back again soon.


3 comments:

Girls Rule! said...

Jess,

She is soooo cute! It looks like you have a lot of fun. This year was my girls first trip to Disneyland and Reese already got to go spoiled!!:)

Love ya and miss ya,
Tiff

Adventures in Petersonland said...

hahaha! reese is a pirate in training huh? hahaha thats awesome!
great pictures! im glad you guys had a blast in disneyland. its so fun there! and dude, i LOVE their churro's too! how much are they these days? im sure not as bad as the prices are for food in paris...
hope you guys are doing well back here and getting over the jet lag.

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

Ok, so i'm trying to write this with Rachel squirming all over the place, so forgive me in advance. I love all these pictures. I can't believe how big Ava is, WOW! The ones with Reese and the hats are ADORABLE!! I can't wait to meet her! I hope all us girls can meet up in Cali in January!