Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Idaho Roadtrip

While we were in the States we made a trip out to Idaho to see Nate's family. We were planning on leaving early the morning after we got back from SoCal, but when we picked Jaeger up from the kennel she was a little under the weather so we decided to give her some time to get over it and left that evening instead. That decision ended up being a good one because Reese fell asleep 30mins in to the 11 hour drive and woke up about 15mins before we got there.

It was great to spend time with Nate's family. Reese got to meet all of her aunts, her uncle, her cousins and her grandpa while Nate got to meet his now two year-old niece for the first time. Nate also got to go home theater shopping with his dad which I'm pretty sure was the highlight of the trip for him, Nate loves to go shopping with other people's money. While we were there Nate's younger sister Molly took some family photos of us, she's such a great photographer (she would be the one who took our new header photo).
While we were there we also took a daytrip down to Utah to have lunch with Nate's sister Kendra who's at BYU and to visit some friends. We spent the afternoon with my friend Jenny and her sweet little boy Bjorn and then went to dinner with my old roommate Lara and her husband Alan. Being back there makes me miss all my college friends and the great times we had.On our drive back to California we had a great creepy gas station attendant moment that I definetly feel is blogworthy. We stopped in Reno at about 3am to gas up for the last leg of the drive and go to the bathroom. I went inside to return the bathroom key and buy Nate a slimjim (I know, random thing to ask for at 3am). When I walked over to Dwayne, the 5'5" blond mullet wearing gas station attendant who lacked a full set of teeth, a shivered, not because it was cold but for some unknown reason. Dwayne asked if I was cold and I told him no, I just had one of those random shivers. Dwayne then proceeded to tell me that if I was cold "he," pointing to Nate outside, "could probably keep me warm." I gave a polite chuckle despite the fact that my face was frozen in a scaredly quizative manner, grabbed the slimjim and left. I guess no roadtrip would be complete without a creepy gas station attendant moment.

1 comment:

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

Ah, fun!! Everybody loves a good road trip. I'm jealous, but glad you had so much fun!! Seriously just send me your guys' favorite famly photo, you'll be on the wall or everyone to see!! I got Mark one of those huge picture frames that holds 42 pics for his Bday and of course you guys need to be in it! And hopefully we'll get a picture of all the girls to put in it in Jan! Miss you tons!