Monday, October 13, 2008

Go Ahead and Laugh

My Columbus Day started off with a bang, or rather a squish. At some point last night, that I'll arbitrarily call 3am, Jaeger woke me up and was trying to get me to take her outside to go to the bathroom. I was so out of it that I just pulled her into bed with me and went back to sleep. Well when Reese woke up at 7 I went in her room and she still seemed pretty sleepy so I just gave her her binky and headed back to bed. Here's where the story takes a turn south so if you have a weak stomach you might want to go on about your day. As I was walking through the doorway I stepped in something squishy that oozed in between my toes. Now the awake part of me realized that I had just stepped in dog poop, but the asleep part of me had no clue what I had just stepped in and freaked out. I kicked my foot in order to get the "mystery" substance off and just screamed as I jumped on my other foot over to the bed to sit down and see what was going on. By the time I arrived at the bed I had fully awoken and realized that I had poop all over my foot and squished inbetween my toes. When I had started screaming Nate had woken up and so when I got to the bed I told him to turn on the lights because I had poop on my foot. We looked over to the doorway and saw where I had stepped in it. I hobbled off to the bathroom to wash my foot while Nate grabbed the cleaning supplies to clean up the mess. It was at this point that we realized what really had happened. When I followed my natural reaction to kick my foot after stepping in it I had sprayed poop randomly about the room and this was no ordinary poop. It was a soft poo so instead of sending a hard chunk of poo across the room that could easily have been picked up without leaving a mark, I had sent little squirts of poo everywhere that were not so easily picked up. There were some flecks on Nate's jeans, and my shirt that had been on the floor, there were some flecks on the comforter and the sheets and even the bedskirt, and that's not even mentioning the little flecks all over the carpet. So Nate worked on cleaning the carpet while I took the sheets, comforter, and bedskirt into the bathroom and washed off the poop before I carted them down to the washing machine to finish off the job. I checked the comforter before I put it in the dryer and luckily enough the poop had left no mark, hopefully the same is true for the rest of the stuff now in the washer and the load of poop covered clothes that will be going in next. As for the floor, Nate did a pretty good job getting it up but we have a carpetcleaner that we'll be using in just a bit to get anything else up. Needless to say our relaxing holiday has turned into a day of deep cleaning, but I guess that's life.

3 comments:

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

That is so gross! But yes, I am so laughing!! I had a very similar experience not too long ago, Hanna had a bit of a blow out and was scooting her little butt across the room, I stepped in the poo (that's how I found the blow out) and then had to find all the spots all over the room, yuck!

Jenny said...

Why did I think of Savannah doing floor sweeps and thinking some sloth drop their burrito in the produce dept? And then the poor old lady in the men's bathroom telling her now's not a good time...and then oddly leila more than happy to clean all that sh** up....May I have to deal with less poop than you!

STUNNING family pictures. You all look beautiful (and handsome)

Kami Alkire Photography said...

That sounds so yummy! The morning after I first read about it, I got up early to go run. I went into the front room and stepped in cat throw up. Not quite as gross, but not cool. Looks liek you had a great time in the States.