Monday, October 6, 2008

How Dumb Are We?

The night has gotten away from me and I just now decided that it was time to eat dinner. Due to the late hour I opted to select a frozen food as opposed to creating a meal. As I snatched my chicken and cheese chimichanga from the freezer and read the heating instructions on the back I noticed the words that bug me to no end...."Caution: Product Will Be Hot." I'm sorry but how stupid am I that someone has to tell me that the chimichanga that I'm putting in the 350 degree oven in order to make it hot will in fact be hot when I remove it. It bugs me that our culture has become so petty sue happy that manufacturers are forced to place these crazy labels on everything in order to avoid a lawsuit. I've vowed as a parent to teach Reese that things that come out of the oven are hot, as are things that come off of the stove or out of the microwave or off on open flame for that matter so that she won't have to look at that warning and say "good thing they let me know that, I might have burned myself." Now I realize that some people just don't get it no matter how many times they are told, but let the morons burn themselves either they'll learn a lesson or natural selection will serve its purpose.

2 comments:

RJG said...

Problem is "natural selection" takes too long and so we're stuck with pointing on coming traffic to them when they try to cross the street without looking.

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

We're pretty dumb! Need I remind you of the Alby's days!?! I love the family picture!! Please send me a 4x6, when i down load it, it's too small. Then when i enlarge it, it gets blurry! I can hardly wait to see you guys!! Let me know as soon as you do.