Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Shout Out to Beej

It's yet to be noted on here that my niece Ava is the most adorable thing ever. When I went home for Christmas and Thanksgiving she kept me entertained non stop. While I was there I started calling her Beej which is what we determined the word form of BG (baby girl) would be, it probably wouldn't have stuck if it wasn't so dang funny to hear her say Beej. She was my little buddy the whole time I was home. When I'd get up in the morning and get a bowl of cereal she would run over to her cupboard and get her bowl out and sit at the table to have some as well. She even had to have a little bit of milk in it and eat with a spoon just like I was. Of course a good portion of hers ended up going to her best friend Jaeger who was always near her thanks to Ava's generousity. It's amazing Jaeger didn't gain 50lbs while we were in the states. Also, whenever I'd be leaning against a cupboard in the kitchen she'd stand next to me and try to imitate the same position I was standing in. She's pretty much the most adorable little girl in the world.

Now that I've been back in Germany she'll talk to me on the phone when I'm talking to my parents.She'll jump on the phone and you can hear my mom or dad in the background telling her to say hi to Aunt Jesse but first she'll say "Hi yea-yea" which is what she calls Jaeger, and then "Hi Aunt Jesse" and sometimes she'll even say "Hi Uh Nate" which is how she says Uncle Nate. Then we get an I love you and a Buh-Bye. It's the same conversation every time but it's pretty cute to have a 23 month old want to talk to you on the phone when you call. I'm eager to see how much more she's learned the next time I'm home and to teach her even more things that I'm sure will eventually get her into trouble. Last trip I taught her to say "Burn" after I made a joke and "Flash" when someone told us to do something. I don't think she quite got the meaning but it was nice to have a back up shouting burn when I said it.
Anyways, this was my shout out to Beej. The pictures are from when she was only 20-21 months old but they still make me smile. Especially the ones with her and Jaeger, she really wanted her picture taken with Jaeger that day because my sister was trying to make her pose in front of the Christmas tree and she was getting tired of it. Gotta love nieces, you can spoil them, teach them whatever you want to, and never deal with the repercussions............I'm such a great aunt.

3 comments:

RJG said...

Yes Ava IS the cutest around (at least here in USA). And Reese will be the cutest in Germany when she comes. I can't wait for them to meet and Ava can teach Reese all those things that you taught her.

I'm sure that Resse and Ava will be great cousins. What one doesn't think of the other will!

Aunt Robin

Kelsey Carreon said...

She is soo cute!! I can't wait to see what Reese will look like.. I am sure super cute!!

Jenny said...

You forget your sister is going to be an aunt soon too....you will pay for all of the spoiling...mark my words!!

You are right maybe Ava will think Björn is a cute kid and want to play...why haven't I seen pictures of her sooner? ;-)