Tuesday, March 4, 2008

....And in Baby News

As most of you are already aware when I went to my doctor's appointment after coming back to Germany we found out that our son was actually a daughter so that was quite a shock to the system. Luckily that was way back in January and we've long since begun preparing for our little girl. I have to say that thus far I've been pretty lucky with my pregnancy, I haven't had any sickness and I don't have any stretch marks yet so that's always good and as a bonus my belly button didn't fully pop out so it's at a manageable level of sticking out. They only real problem we have is my size, the doctor wants me to gain more weight which sounds really easy but let me tell you is quite difficult. I was supposed to gain 6 lbs before my next appointment and I think I'm just barely going to make it. A steady diet of frozen pizza and Burger King to supplement the healthy stuff is to thank for the added weight.

Despite all my thoughts that I'm this giant pregnant woman and my attempts to wear clothing that accentuate my pregnancy, people still have quite a hard time believing that I'm 7 months pregnant. I'll allow you to be the judge, but the ladies at church told me that there are probably a lot of women out there that want to hurt me for being so small at 7 months. The downfall to being small is that my doctor has given up on giving me a due date and has instead said "You'll have the baby sometime between now and the end of May." Hmmmmmm, I'm not aware of what species gets the old you'll have it when you have it talk of giving birth but that's me. Silly German doctor seems to think I'm high risk for premature labor but Baby Girl and I are going to show him who's the boss by hanging on til the end of May.

Now that I've entered my 7th month of pregnancy things have gotten a lot more active inside. She pretty much moves constantly and when I lay down on my side I swear it feels like she's trying to stand up inside of me. Her favorite things to do are dance around when Nate is playing rock band or when I'm in the car listening to the radio. She also likes to kick Nate in the face when he puts his face on my stomach to talk to her, quite an attitude if you ask me. And her favorite of all things is kicking in the most inopertune of times. For example, this past Sunday I was sitting in Sunday school paying attention when all of the sudden she hauled off and kicked me so hard in just the right spot that it caused an involuntary reaction on my part. You know when you're sitting in a class or something and you start to drift off to sleep and then you catch yourself and your whole body jerks as if to let everyone in the class know that you were falling asleep? Well it was pretty much like that. It was so noticeable that the lady next to me asked if the baby was kicking, slightly embarassing I know but I think making a fool of me is Baby Girl's favorite thing in the world.

Finally the gritty stuff......naming her. We have it narrowed down to Reese Aspen Crandall or Riley Jade Crandall. Feel free to offer any opinions you may have. I've promised the family that after my next appointment, where I'm having my 3D ultrasound, I'll have decided on a name for sure. Anyways, that's baby news and in a week I'll post the super cool 3D pictures I'm supposed to be getting.

p.s. The ultrasound pics are from my 20 week appt. so they are a little outdated but whatever.

2 comments:

Girls Rule! said...

I have been looking at your blog everyday, Im glad everything is going good with you! I really like the name Reese its really cute! You look amazing! You know how big I got! Love and miss you!

Jenny said...

It's about time! I am so happy fo ryou and your mini bump.. I like both names. I like that she already kicks Nate....sort of like Björn shoves me yes I said shoves me if I am sitting next to Rik...she is just letting him know who's boss. Atta Girl!!!
And in the words of Tiffany..Love you and Miss you.