Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Reese Aspen Crandall

It has finally been decided that our daughter's name shall be Reese and we couldn't be happier. I've been so eager to name her so that I can start calling her something other than "baby girl" so Nate and I finally talked over the names we were thinking about and decided that Reese best fit her, it means enthusiastic which is definetly what she is.
When we went to my doctor's appointment today we found out that I was 30 weeks along and I could of swore I was only 29, either the doctor is wrong or my math is wrong and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it's my math. We were able to hear her heartbeat and find out that she weighs in at a hefty 3 lbs 1 oz. We were supposed to get 3D pictures today but she wasn't in a very good position so he tried but told us that we could come back next week and he would try again. Although not getting pictures was a little disappointing we did get to see her open her mouth and yawn, at least it looked like a yawn to us. She's quite cute if I do say so myself.
Also, we got other exciting news today when we found out that our request to remain in Germany for another tour of duty was approved. We won't be leaving here until February of 2012 so that gives us plenty of time to finish up all the traveling we want to do. We were feeling a little bit of a time crunch to have a baby and get all of our traveling done by February. So instead of moving back to the states we're going to be looking to move to a bigger house this fall. We already have a prospect so hopefully everything works out because our current little duplex is a little shy on space for a family of 3.

4 comments:

Abby said...

1. Lucky jerks for coming up with--and agreeing on--a name already.
2. I know you've heard this more than a few times, but you are TINY. I am baffled and can say no more on that matter (except congrats bc you'll walk out of the hospital like you never had a baby in you).
3. Tiny and adorable as a prego.
4. Cute name, enthusiastic fits if she's your daughter!

Jenny said...

Yeah that you have a name and I liked that one the best! Yeah for staying in Germany! I think it is funny that abby commented on you being Tiny...I guess Small isn't as small as Tiny...

Jenny said...

not to mention that your little count down bar shows you are 30 weeks to...I trusted you to count the safe?

Kelsey Carreon said...

I love the name... it is sooo cute!! I think the name is just great! I am glad to see you looking so great!! Very Jealous :)