Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Tables Have Turned

Long, long ago, while Nate was deployed, I had made big plans for all the places that we were going to travel to this year since our time in Germany was growing shorter and shorter. Then Nate came home and we went to Egypt and he got it in his head that going to Egypt meant a long break from going anywhere, not sure where he got this idea from because it wasn't from me. Then lots of things started popping up that made it look like we just might be spending a lot of time home this year. Well I'm happy to report that the tables have turned in my favor and that if everything works out the way it seems it will at this point then I'll be crossing a lot of places off my list this year.
A few months back a family in our ward asked if anyone would be willing to watch their little girl for 10 days while they were out of town and in return they would do the same. Nate and I decided that this would be a great opportunity for us to take a trip without Reese, she's a great traveler but we thought it'd be a lot of fun to take a trip without having to worry about doing any kid friendly activities. So we're watching their daughter right now and we've planned a trip for our anniversary to go to Ireland for 5 days, plus they've been telling us we need to take another 5 day trip so they can fully pay as back so I'll need to think of something else. Then while Reese and I were in the States, Nate found out that he would be going to Spain for a month for work. We were hoping it would be possible for Reese and I to visit him in Spain for a little bit but we weren't sure where in Spain he would be going and what his schedule would be like while he was there. Well we found out yesterday that he's leaving for Madrid next week, earlier than expected, and I found tickets for Reese and I roundtrip for 100 euro so as long as his schedule doesn't have him working nonstop Reese and I are going to go to Madrid.
If that wasn't good enough already, my friend from high school is coming out in September to visit and I'm not sure where we're going yet other than she wants to go to Auschwitz which we've already visited but I'm excited to see more of. Then in October, two of my college roommates are coming out (I'm trying to convince a third so we'll see how that goes) and we're going to tour Northern Italy. Finally for Thanksgiving, since I've decided that it is our travel holiday, we'll finally be going to Prague. I promised Nate that since we went so far away last year that this year we'd stay closer.
This year is shaping up to be pretty awesome which is good because when this year is over we'll only have one year left in Europe and that makes me sad.

1 comment:

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

I sure hope Janel doesn't read this because then she'll be trying to drag me all over Europe too. Perhaps Nate and I should hang out while you girls travel your little hearts out. And don't even think it is a good idea to leave little kids with two military men, not happening!