Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sharon Visited Us

Earlier this week, my friend Sharon came to spend a few days with us. It was a last minute trip since she was working in Switzerland and finished early, but I still wanted to find some fun things to do with her. On Monday we decided to go check out a waterfall in Irrel which is just 20 minutes or so past Bitburg. I wouldn't say there was much of a waterfall, it just looked like a river with rocks in the center of it, but it was still really pretty and we had a lot of fun. I couldn't help but thinking how big Reese has gotten while we were there, instead of carrying my baby I had a little kid bouncing up and down along side me.
On Tuesday we went over to Cochem castle for a tour. The castle is way up high so you have to walk up to it at what I will call a 35 degree angle, I don't want to be accused of exaggerating, and I was pushing a stroller which made it even more...umm...fun.
The last time I was at Cochem castle was with my Mom shortly after Reese was born. When we were up on the balcony I remembered that my mom had taken a picture of Reese and I so when we got home I found it and looked at how much has changed in almost two years.
When we were walking up to the castle we saw a little carnival ride and I promised Reese that if she was a "sweet girl" at the castle then she could ride it afterwards. Well Reese was very sweet on the tour, she was quite, avoided touching things, and walked with the group, she even got some candy from our tour guide when we were in the armory (that's what she's so intently looking at in the above picture). So when we walked back down the hill and got to the carnival ride I let her ride on it.
And this is what she looked like when the ride came to a stop and she had to get off:
The irony of getting to go on the ride because you were good and then throwing a fit when your turn is over.

1 comment:

katrina hayes said...

ah hah!!! that's the best! she is awesome!