Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Proud of Me

I'm so proud of myself right now that I'm practically beaming :) Nate and I have been converting the office into a playroom to store all of Reese's toys in, so when we were at Ikea I saw this fabric that I thought would be really cute to make curtains out of to put in that room. Now I did look to see if they sold curtains in this fabric or anything else that I liked because in these types of situations I'm not much of a do it yourselfer, but alas they did not so I decide that this was something I could manage to do. I got home and measured the window and found out that I wouldn't have enough material for two panels so I would have to wait until I went back to Ikea to get another thing of this fabric.....boooooo....then I decided instead of doing that I would just get some white fabric to add to the bottom and then I would make some loops at the top as well. So I took all my fabric over to my friends place to use her machine and basically have her oversee my operation but I ended up doing all the sewing and cutting myself, she helped iron some hems but other than that it was all me and I'm very excited about that fact. I was so proud of my little creation that I couldn't wait to get it home and hang it, but first I had to go get these little hook clips because this room doesn't have a regular curtain rod. It's this weird thing where you hook these clips to the curtain and then you slide the clips into this runner at the top, in all of the other rooms we just took these down and hung rods but I wasn't interested in going to all that trouble so I figured I'd find a way around all that. I ended up just pinning the little clips to my loops and voila it looks fantastic. Now all that's left to do to make the room complete is frame and hang the prints I bought so as soon as that's done I'll post pics of how wonderful this room looks.

Also, I thought I'd post a pic of my new BFF...his name is Mario and he likes to hang out with me while Reese naps and while Nate's working on his homework. He just arrived on Tuesday but already I can feel a true friendship emerging between the two of us.

2 comments:

katrina hayes said...

super cute curtains! well done! we LOVE new super mario wii! we are constantly accidentally killing each other.

Kelsey Carreon said...

very cute curtains Jess!! I love the material!! Mario has become a popular man in our house also!