Monday, August 25, 2008

All Smiles


Sometimes life is going so well that you don't even feel the need to strangle T-Com when the internet goes out for the 9 billionth time; life is just that way for us right now and I'm loving it. It may have taken three months but I finally have all my energy back and I'm getting things done at a ridiculous pace. I feel like someone flipped a switch and I'm no longer constantly tired and struggling just to make it through the day, instead Reese and I are on a roll getting things done and it's a nice change considering how long the list is of things we need to get taken care of before we go on vacation in two weeks. I think this weekend was the turning point in the battle of motivation, Reese and I went on a Mother-Daughter outing to the mall in Koblenz since Nate was working 12 hour night shifts all weekend and sleeping the majority of the day. When we came back from a long day of shopping, which by the way Reese was totally into, we set to work getting the multi-purpose guest room all set up and then boxing up some baby stuff that Reese had outgrown. That was actually a really sad task because as I looked at the little pink turtle jammies that she had worn home from the hospital I realized how much she had grown in the last three months and how much she had changed in other ways as well. Then Sunday night after Reese went to bed I went down to the basement and organized all our boxes in preparation for the other boxes I was going to be bringing down, you have to admit it takes a pretty motivated person to organize a basement. Now we're just taking a break from our final steps of getting things done and I'm quite proud of myself. I look around and my house looks the way I want it to, granted I still need to hang some picture frames and eventually I want to paint the hallway, but our house is a home now and it feels nice.

3 comments:

Bonni said...

Jesse, congratulations on graduating from the zombie-post-partum stage! It feels so nice to be productive, doesn't it? I never realized how tiring motherhood would be, but now have a new kind of respect for motherkind. And, I'm glad Reese is a good shopper-- you lucked out! Enjoy your vacation in a couple of weeks!

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

She cracks me up! I'm so glad that we get to go through all of these stages together. I can't wait til next week when i get to be home with Rachel all time! Miss you!

Sharon said...

Super organized person to organize the basement? Oh, please, I've watched you spend hours organizing movies for the fun of it. Don't pretend you don't love organizing!