Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Easter Weekend

Wow, I’m so behind on my blogging that I had to go through my pictures to try and see what I missed AND it required going through multiple folders to find where I left off.  Either I take way way WAY too many photos, or it’s been far too long since I’ve blogged…probably a little of both. 

I made Finn nursery letters back in April and they turned out to be really awesome.  I was quite pleased with them and they didn’t even take me that long which begs the question why did I wait so long to do them, I’d bought the stuff just before he was born.  Now they’re hanging lovingly (which means not quite even since our walls are way to bumpy to try and hang anything perfectly) above his bed.

DSC_0439

Easter was very exciting for us this year since Reese was ALL ABOUT hunting for eggs, she gets really excited about holidays right now and then we have to hear about whatever holiday was last for a really really long time, I for one was just happy to get Valentine’s day off her mind because somehow St.Patrick’s Day didn’t do the trick for her.  On Easter Saturday we went to base for an egg hunt and then stayed for the Month of the Military Child block party they were having.  For the egg hunt the field inside the track was literally a sea of eggs and each age group got a chance to run out there and clean them up.  Finn and I watched from the sidelines as this massive line moved across the field picking up everything in its path, it was pretty funny.  Luckily Nate made Reese skip past the first few and start further along so she wasn’t bombarded by people every time she bent down to pick up an egg.  She loved running across the field and finding eggs to toss in her basket, and when she was done she excitedly ran back to Finn and I to show us all that she had found.  She’s such a sweet little girl that she even gave her little brother an egg.

DSC_0458 DSC_0467 DSC_0488  DSC_0497 DSC_0491

Once all the groups had gone through the egg hunt the block party began at the gym.  There was a lot of vendors set up inside the gym giving away things like they do at the state fair and then the bank was giving away toys so we put Reese’s name in the drawing and she was one of the first names called to pick something out.  They were wanting every child to walk away with something so even Finn got a little baseball toy to play with when he’s just a little bit bigger.  After we had gone around collecting water bottles and pens, we went out to the parking lot where they had a merry go round and a bounce house.  Reese is a HUGE fan of merry go rounds and she probably rode this one 10-12 times, but she was having so much fun that we just kept letting her go again and again.  She wasn’t pleased when we finally made her stop, but we let her have a quick turn in the bounce house before we called it a day.  I have to say that I was really impressed with the event, I was expecting just a few little things but there really was a lot of fun stuff for the kids to do.

DSC_0579 DSC_0589  DSC_0592 DSC_0595   DSC_0590

That day ended up being a very busy one because once we got home from the block party we had to get started on dying our Easter eggs and making our Easter cookies.  Reese was more involved in dying the eggs this year which was fun for Nate and I.  She would color on the eggs with the crayons and then decide which color and how long to leave them in for and once they came out and dried she put mass amounts of stickers on a couple of them.  It was a lot of fun to watch her be so opinionated about what she wanted, not that she isn’t usually opinionated but this was her being opinionated about something I WANTED her opinion about so it was different.  She also got to open a little Easter present that Nana and Papa had given her so she had fun with that as well.

DSC_0629 DSC_0633 DSC_0643 DSC_0644 DSC_0650 DSC_0667

On Easter Sunday we got up and saw what the Easter bunny had left for the kids and then noticed that he’d also dropped a bunch of eggs outside in our yard so Reese went out with her basket and gathered them all up while Finn picked up the one that she left behind.  It’s funny to watch her hunt eggs because she’ll notice one on the opposite side of the yard and run past a few in the process of getting it and then back track to the ones she missed.  I just realized I haven’t mentioned much about Finn thus far so I’ll say that he was always present and did his usual thing of watching Reese intently.

  DSC_0677DSC_0690 DSC_0699  DSC_0709  DSC_0680DSC_0707

Once Reese had eaten some of her candy we got the kids ready for church early so I could take some photos of them in their Easter outfits.  You would think that Reese would’ve been cooperative after so much fun but she was in fact not.  She was fine for photos of herself but when it came time to take photos with Finn she refused to support him in anyway.  All she had to do was keep his head upright and she acted as if I was asking her to hold up the titanic, I realize he’s a big kid but I’ve seen her lug her stupid rocking horse up and down stairs so I know she’s capable of holding Finn’s head up.  I did manage to get a few decent photos and I guess I’ll always have the memory of how Reese refused to cooperate, plus they looked cute enough in their outfits to make up for the lack of cooperation.

DSC_0711 DSC_0717DSC_0765 DSC_0722 DSC_0731   DSC_0794 DSC_0748

My little man looks so studly with his tie on, it made me smile getting to dress him that day especially since I know that some day he’s going to refuse to wear what I pick out, hopefully that day is very very far away.

No comments: