Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring?

I don’t want to jinx it, but I think it might actually be spring here in Germany.  It has been sunny and warm for most of the past three weeks and now the trees have started blooming and everything looks so spring like.  Since we’ve lived here long enough to now that spring can turn back in to winter pretty quickly, we’ve tried to make the most of the warm weather by playing outside or going to the park.

DSC_0016 DSC_0044 DSC_0049 DSC_0059  

DSC_0286 DSC_0293

I realized yesterday that Finn is 5 1/2 weeks old and we’ve yet to take a photo of all four of us together, so before we left for church we took a quick family photo and some pictures of my adorable children together.  I love how much they love each other, I hope that lasts forever.  Finn loves to watch Reese and Reese is always asking to hold him or play with him.  They both make me so happy.

DSC_0330 DSC_0358

DSC_0359 (2) DSC_0368 DSC_0372 Also, we finally caught Finn’s smile on camera last night.

DSC_0388 DSC_0389 DSC_0390

Finn will be 6 weeks old on Wednesday and I have my final doctor’s appt on Thursday.  It’s a little bittersweet knowing that Thursday will be the last time I’ll ever go in to Dr. Jerono’s office, but I’m excited to start working out and hopefully repair the damage that Finn did to my poor body.  I was just comparing photos of Reese and Finn at the same age and I can’t help but notice how much faster I recovered with Reese, I’m going to attribute it to how much smaller Reese was and how much smaller I was when I was 9 months pregnant with Reese compared to 9 months pregnant with Finn.  Let’s hope a little gym time will help remedy the situation.

2 comments:

katrina hayes said...

Oh his smile is perfect!! Also, you look amazing. and don't forget that you're only 6 weeks post partum. If you don't look 100% perfect, that gives us chubby people a little satisfaction for a week or two before you're back to your teeny, perfect, non stretched self. :D But man, I hear you, after C it wasn't horrible, yeah I was chubby but whoa! Alice did a number on my belly skin. It's ... not pretty.

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

You guys are one good looking family! I love his smile! He is so big, I love it!! I'm so glad that Reese loves and adores her little brother.