Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Finn is 1 month old

DSC_0257Why is it that 9 months of pregnancy tick by as if every second lasts forever but somehow Finn’s first month of life has sped by with no sign of slowing down?  Finn has already changed so much in a month, he’s bigger (as if that were even possible) and so much more alert.  I’m just loving watching his little personality emerge little by little.  He had his first doctor’s appt when he was 3 weeks old and he weighed in at 11 lbs 7 oz, which put him in the 99th percentile for weight, he was 22.5 in long, which put him in the 95th percentile, and his head was still 15 in, which was the 70th percentile, though Nate claims the technician wasn’t very precise when it came to his head measurement and when we re-measured a few days ago it was 16 in.  Side note:  no I don’t make habit of randomly measuring my children’s heads, but I had my sewing measuring tape out to measure for some online shopping so I went ahead and measured them…I don’t remember what Reese was but I remember it was roughly the same size as my head sadly.  Anyways, back on topic:  Finn is a big boy was the moral of that story, but it suits him and luckily he’s well proportioned and 100% adorable.  When he’s on tummy time he tries his hardest to try and rollover which is really cute, if he could just realize he needs to do something with the arm that is underneath him then he’d have it, but that arm holds him up every time.  He’s recently begun to coo which is super cute, I love his little voice, and last night Reese got him to smile in response to her smile for the first time.  He has smiled before but never because someone was smiling at him, but last night Reese was hugging him and kissing him and she was smiling at him while she said “hey little buddy” which is what she’s always saying to him, and he gave her a huge smile in response, I wish I’d had the camera because it was the cutest thing.   

This week has been the start of our normal lives here, up until now I’ve had someone around to help out.  My mom was here for the first two and half weeks and then Nate had his two weeks of paternity leave so I feel very lucky to have had a whole months worth of help.  It was nice to get to relax and not feel like I had to be running around getting everything done.  Now that Nate’s back at work things have actually been going pretty smoothly.  Reese has gotten used to Finn being around and is back to her old self, and I’m getting enough sleep to function and get everything done.  My house is actually cleaner now than it was the last couple months of my pregnancy.  We were spoiled when Reese was born because she slept through the night almost immediately but Finn wakes up once or twice each night.  Luckily he just wakes up to eat and goes right back to sleep when he’s done so there’s no trying to “put” him back to sleep and he’s beginning to go longer stretches during the night so hopefully very soon it’ll just be feeding him once instead of twice. 

Reese loves to hold her little brother:

DSC_0101 DSC_0158

He fell asleep during tummy time:

DSC_0171Pirate eye yawn:

DSC_0232the remnants of a smile:

DSC_0244trying to rollover, his shoulders stay but while everything else almost flips over:

DSC_0251He may weigh a lot but he’s not a chunky guy:

DSC_0519

1 comment:

katrina hayes said...

he's so cute! Ahhh, sweet nostalgia! Seeing him fallen asleep sort of makes my heart ache. I think that is my favorite thing about kids: they fall asleep in the cutest places making you go "awwww!! Look at that!" :)

Super cute baby!