Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Things I Love….

DSC_0317

DSC_0369

DSC_0373

I love my little girl, my firstborn, my child that looks so much like her father but has so much of my attitude running through her.  I remember going to my very first ultrasound with her and immediately falling in love with the child growing inside me and when she finally arrived months later she was everything I could’ve ever hoped for.  She’ll be three in just a few months and I love watching her grow and watching her find her own interests.  She loves animals so much and can name the most random animals and her newest thing is telling you what different animals eat or asking what other ones eat.  I love sitting and watching her play with her toys and speak for them.  She loves going to school and gymnastics and will constantly practice the different things she learned at gymnastics throughout the week.  She says the most hilarious things all the time and makes observations that I wouldn’t expect a 2 year old to notice.  She’s had a bit of a hard time trying to find her “new normal” with a new little brother at home.  Her attitude reached a climax during those first two weeks but luckily my mom was here to help with the brunt of her attitude and for the most part she’s back to normal now.  On the other side of things, she’s the amazing big sister that we thought she would be.  She loves Finn so much and wants to help with him however she can.  Every morning she looks in his bed to check on him and when we’re out she loves to show everyone her baby brother. 

 

DSC_0321

one week old

DSC_0324

DSC_0337

DSC_0344

two weeks old

DSC_0346

DSC_0403

DSC_0411

I love my new little man so much that I can’t seem to put him down.  I didn’t bond with him during the pregnancy like I did with Reese, it was a more difficult pregnancy and while I knew I loved him already it was that time we spent alone in the hospital that made me fall head over hills with my little boy.  So far he’s been an amazingly content little guy and has made the transition from one kid to two easier than I had imagined (for now).  He’s very quiet, except for when he wants to eat, and LOVES to snuggle with Mommy and Daddy.  I like watching the way he looks at Reese when she comes over to play with him on his playmat, he’ll stare at her so intently as she talks to him and “shows” him how to play with his toys.  He’s the perfect addition to our family and we all love him so much, even if he doesn’t let me sleep quite as long as I’d like to at night.

 

DSC_0310

Not only do I have the cutest little girl and the cutest baby boy, but I also have the cutest puppy too.  The best thing about Jaeger is that she seems to be able to sense when you’re not feeling well and comes to cuddle with you and make you feel better.  Whenever I’ve had a long day, which was most of them while I was pregnant and trying to deal with a two year-old, she’d be there to curl up on my lap and watch TV with me.  She’s been a part of our family since we moved to Germany and two kids later we still love the furry member of our family as much as we did when we got her.

 

DSC_0359

I can’t forget this guy.  He had to work extremely long shifts and all through the weekend last week giving him basically zero time with us, but he still changed Finn’s diapers in the middle of the night without complaint and comforted Reese in the middle of the night when she wasn’t feeling well.  He started his two weeks of paternity leave on Monday and we’re glad he gets to spend some time at home with us as we try and figure out a new routine.

 

And one last photo of these two on St.Patrick’s Day because they really are THAT cute

DSC_0423

No comments: