Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Nate’s Gone

Nate’s in California right now for some stupid training (his words not mine) so Reese and I are left to entertain ourselves for three weeks.  Reese is quite the crack up and can keep me laughing, but she’s also 2 so that offers its own set of challenges.  The other day as we were in the car driving away from the pool she told me “I don’t like that attitude Mommy, now knock it off.”  Hmmmmm, where have I heard that before.  Tonight she’s been playing ever so quietly by herself and I was thinking about what camera slacker I’ve been lately so I took a few photos of her and afterwards she said “thank you for the camera Mommy.”  I’m not sure what she’s doing other than she has blocks and a purse and some stuffed animals, other than that her game is a mystery to me, but she does have on her little bucket hat that she’s been wearing every night lately so I felt it was camera worthy.

First I caught her off guard:

 01

Then she gave me this, if you can even call this a smile:

02

Then I asked for a smile and got this very scary smile:

 03

Then I asked for a “nice” smile and she rolled her eyes at me:

04

And finally I got this semi cute photo where she is neither sneering nor rolling her eyes:

 05

I also finished a craft project that I had thought to do about 18 months ago.  It’s the outfit Reese came home from the hospital in and the photo is of her at the hospital just before we left to come home; she was so little.

 11 12

2 comments:

katrina hayes said...

Man, 2 year olds are hilarious! also, C and Reese were even the same weight and length. Crazy. :) Hope you hold up for 3 weeks solo. Good luck!

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

This is adorable, I am totally planning on copying you! So if next time I see you, you see something similar on Rachel's wall, don't be suprised!!