Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Made Something

Nate got me a sewing machine for Christmas and today I busted it out for the first time and started working on a project.  I had wanted to try it out earlier but when you’ve never had a sewing machine before and the only other times you’ve used one have been under the strict supervision of someone who knows what they’re doing, it can be a little scary.  I had picked up some random fabric at the craft store to practice with before I got started on making things so I decided tonight that I would just go ahead and thread the machine and see what happened. 

In the baby stuff we had some cloth diapers, the thinner ones that are meant to be used as burp clothes, that we had never used much as burp clothes for Reese because Nate’s sister had made us some other ones, so I grabbed those to go with my fabric and figured I’d make a pretty burp cloth for Finn.  They’re pretty thin so I took two and folded them both in half and sewed them together that way so it was nice and thick and then I sewed the patterned fabric on the top and I think it ended up turning out pretty nice.  It has it’s flaws, it’s not quite straight and one of the corners isn’t exactly perfect, but it was a nice learning project and now I know a little bit more about how to use my machine.  I think I’ll make a few more before I start working on some of the projects that I have planned, but I’m just glad that I finally did something.

09

10

No comments: