Friday, October 9, 2009

Nate Came Home...and a bunch of other stuff happened

Nate came home on September 28th and Reese and I are so happy to have him back with us. We were told we could pick him up at the hangar at 5:30 but their plane didn't end up landing until 5:45 and then they had to go through customs, have their bags randomly searched and then reclaim their bags before they could come meet us. Needless to say this took a really long time to accomlish for over 200 people so we didn't get to actually see him until 7:30. So since we'd been waiting in the hangar for two hours Reese, who had already started coming down with a cold that morning, had fallen asleep and when all the commotion began she was startled and didn't exactly give Daddy the best reception. Okay truth be told she screamed and cried as loud as she could and didn't want him touching her or me, but by the time we got home she had settled down and decided that he might not be so bad afterall. It took her a few days more before she fully warmed up to him and let's face it she's a hardcore Momma's girl and that's not exactly just going to go away, but things are going well between the two of them so I'm pleased.
(Reese running around in the hangar waiting for Daddy to come)
(After 132 days in Iraq, Nate is home)So far we've spent Nate's time off from work hanging around our area and being sick. Reese came down with the flu Monday and that was the first time she's ever truly vomitted so it was a little scary for me but we just spent the day laying on the couch together watching movies. Then Wednesday night I started in with the flu and by Thursday morning Nate was right there with me. Poor Reese had to spend another day watching movies while her Mommy and Daddy laid on the couches groaning, I'm trying to figure out what parents did before Disney movies. We were supposed to leave for Legoland on Thursday morning but since Nate and I were both sick we called and were able to change our reservation to Monday so we're looking forward to going there and then rushing home to get things ready for my parents arrival on Friday.

In Reese news, she's learning new words everyday and understands so much of what we say that I can't actually believe it. If you ask her what a cow says she says moooo, only it comes out sounding closer to boooooo, I personally think she's trying to tell me what a ghost cow says. She can say dog and tell you that a dog says woof and just tonight she started telling me that tigers and bears say rawr. Whenever I ask her to get a book she gets the animal book and we sit there pointing at animals and making the noises, it's pretty cute. Tonight she finally said I love you, it melted my heart and I didn't want to stop hugging her. Five minutes later I told her I loved her and she said "I love you" and then Nate told her he loved her and she turned to him and said "thank you." I was laughing so hard I thought I was going to hurt myself, she has such great comedic timing.

1 comment:

katrina hayes said...

That's so cute!!! You MUST post a video of her saying I love you!