Thursday, October 29, 2009

Trunk or Treat


Our ward trunk or treat was last night and since Reese and I weren't in Vienna like we were supposed to be I rushed around that day to put costumes together for Nate and I, of course Reese already had one ready to go for Halloween. Reese was being a clown so I got some stuff to make Nate and I clowns to and then grabbed some curtains to drape over the car to make it look like a circus tent and bought a bunch of balloons so Nate could hand out candy and make balloon animals, the kids had the option of a worm or a snake. Reese was naturally the super cute and sweet clown I was supposed to be the nice clown and Nate wanted to be an evil clown but somehow we both turned out looking evil, some people even said I looked more evil than Nate. We all had a lot of fun, Reese started getting the hang of trick or treating towards the end and though she refused to say anything she would lift her bucket up for people to put candy in it and then smile big. Nate enjoyed doing his creepy clown laugh as the kids walked over to his car and the fact that he never had to leave the car or actually socialize with anyone over the age of about 10 was a big bonus in his mind. We ended up winning the best decorated trunk contest so we're already plotting out what we're going to do next year so that we can retain our title.

No comments: