Saturday, September 26, 2009

Spangdahlem's Cutest Baby

Reese was in the cutest baby contest on base today and naturally she won....let's be honest, with my kid in the competition no one else stood a chance. I almost felt sorry for the other little girls in her category, but almost only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades not in baby contests.
Now I've already received a lot of jokes at my expense for entering my child in this contest but I must say that it was nothing like that toddlers and tiaras show on TLC so cut me a little bit of slack. And I really don't care what rude comments Amber Kincher might decide to make, Reese won $75, a bunch of balloons and some books, plus it got us out of the house and doing something instead of idly sitting by waiting for Nate to finally get home.
It actually was a really fun little contest, Robyn and Max, and Eric and Jakob came to root Reese on in her quest for total baby domination. There were 4 different categories, and while Reese would've won even if there had been only one category I think it was nice for them to give some of the other kids a chance this way. They had to model one seasonal outfit and a costume of their choosing so Reese chose summer and wore her adorable 4th of July sundress that we purchased for her to wear when she picks up daddy, and then she was a lifeguard for her costume. She strutted her stuff across the stage and went right for where the photographers were, she even smiled while she did it.

(Reese getting ready to take the stage for the first time)

(Good thing no one knocked her down for the cornball look on her mom's face)

(working it for the crowd)


(walking past the competition to claim her first place price of $75, I imagine she's thinking how many cinnamon twists from taco bell that money can buy)

In other news.....Nate is still not home, he gets pushed back further everyday so while he should be home "soon", soon is a relative term and so we'll have to wait and see how soon soon actually is.

5 comments:

katrina hayes said...

those are great photos! what a cutie! sorry nate isn't home yet, that is beyond lame.

Abby said...

Oh I am dying. That is hilarious on so many levels. Let's get one thing straight: she deserves the title, hands down. But I don't even KNOW you anymore Jessica Glass whatever your name is now! Ok, I got the teasing out of my system. Congrats to your little beauty. The picture right before her stage entrance is poetry. I just wish you looked more like a scary pageant mom in it, that's all.

Jenny said...

oh oh oh where do i start!!! I am glad abby commented first...wouldn't Carie Fazzio die right now if she knew your daughter was in a beauty competition.

Did you do all of the motions standing next to the judges?

Ok I love you and I am glad she won and of course your baby was the cutest

Jenny said...

ps abby and i are still giggling

RJG said...

It's Miss Spangdahlem 2009!! She needs a crown and sash and endorsements. Remember Mommie there is a law that states how much a manager is allowed to charge so don't be getting too free with HER money.