Sunday, July 19, 2009

I Swear it's True...

...I do comb my daughter's hair. It makes me smile everytime someone comments on how gorgeous her hair looks with all those curls because sometimes I see cute little curls, but most the time I just see a mess that I can't contain. The other night I checked on her before I went to bed and I almost lost it right then and there, her hair looked just like a little old lady perm. I apologize to her Great Grandma Glass, but her hairstyle looked exactly the same. I wish I'd had my camera so I could've taken a picture, I think I'll change her name from Reese to Ethel or Mildred or maybe even Blanche since I think that was the name of one of the characters on the Golden Girls.

Now I took this picture of Reese yesterday...
and I imagine it's what Nate looks like while he's sitting at his desk working in Iraq. Nate said it would be the perfect Air Force picture if only her shirt said "Chair Force." My poor little girl, it looks like she's got a lot on her mind. Luckily we don't see that face all that often, usually we see one of these happier looks, but I mean who wouldn't be happy about eating a pop tart

2 comments:

RJG said...

I love her curls! She got her naturally curly hair from her Great Ma.

Adventures in Petersonland said...

ha! awesome. golden girls is/was the best show ever man! im a big fan of the name gertrude, but then again thats not that popular these days with the young'ins...
i do love reese's curls though! lucky thang. i would do anything for curly hair! did you have curly hair when you were younger?