Friday, February 5, 2010

Visiting D.C.

Reese and I flew out of Ramstein Wednesday afternoon and arrived in D.C. that night. I was really annoyed because the flight I had been on earlier that I had been hoping to return and get on the following day hadn't been listed so I called in the morning to check on it and it was already taking off. My punishment for not having shown up at 4am just in case the flight went was that I had to drive to Ramstein and wait basically all day for the flight to Baltimore to finally take off. I guess the punishment fit the crime since I was able to get on a flight that day and get to D.C. relatively quickly.
I can't post any pictures until I get home but I will say that Reese and Lukas playing together is the cutest thing. Before we left for D.C. I had asked Reese if she was going to play with Lukas and she had very strongly informed me "NO!" Luckily her outlook changed when she arrived and first thing the next morning when Lukas woke up they started playing with one another and have been doing so relatively nicely ever since. Yesterday we went to the playground and just watched them run around with one another and follow each other down the slides.
The main reason why we took this trip at this time was so that we could see the new baby, Devin. He's absolutely adorable, of course, but I hadn't realized how much I had forgotten about babies. I'm in charge of holding him whenever I see the need and making sure that Reese doesn't OVERlove him. I feared the latter would be quite a task but she's been very sweet to the baby and has only been over loving their two dogs.
Today we went over to Arlington and saw the tomb of the unknown soldier. It was very cool, but the snowstorm was just beginning to start and I'm the moron that thought wearing Converse to D.C. in February would be a good idea. Needless to say my toes were near frostbite when we got back to the car.
We're only going to be in D.C. for a few more days but already it was worth the flight to come out and relax with friends for a few days.

No comments: