Wednesday, February 25, 2009

NEW CAR NEW CAR

As I've discussed before, Nate was supposed to deploy in February and so we had been planning on getting a new car when he returned, but then as soon as I sold his beater wagon so that I wouldn't have to deal with it while he was deployed I suddenly could no longer restrain myself to wait for my new car. It took me all of a day to convince Nate that we should go ahead and order the car now instead of waiting, I won't go into my long list of rational reasons but they covered everything from finance to my insane desire. We had already done a lot of car research and test driving when we were in the States so it was just a matter of ordering and purchasing. We knew we wanted a Rav4 but Nate wanted the 4wd and I wanted the third row stow and go seat which according to the website were not options that you could get together so since it was to be my car (ALL MINE!!!! and Reese's) we were set to get the third row seat (which let me add is the most practical and amazing feature to ever be put in a smaller suv. I mean think of all the times when you're going somewhere with friends and you have to take 2 cars because you don't have enough seats, now that is not an issue for me. Nate doesn't understand that 5 years at BYU taught me that the more seatbelts your car has the better that car is, Sharon's car had 6 seatbelts and thus was the best....but I digress...). When he told us what he had available in the base model we were looking at it was either the stripped down no frills version or the pimped out v6 4wd THIRD ROW SEAT version, I was ecstatic as was Nate that we both were able to get the features we wanted most. So we ordered our car Feb. 7th and they told us that it would be here by the end of the month since it was currently on a boat in the middle of the ocean.
Well our decision to get the new car early paid off because Nate is still here (for who knows how long) and sharing one car for the past 2 1/2 weeks was quite a trial, having 2 cars for the past 8 months really got us out of the habit of sharing. The dealer called yesterday to say my car was in and he needed me to come over today so that we could go to the German customs office to finish up the paperwork. When we finished up he put my plates on and with the odometer reading 6 miles I drove my brand new 2009 Toyota Rav4 home. Nate was home on his lunch break with Reese so we took a quick drive around our village and then Nate went back to work while Reese and I did every errand we could possibly think of and loved every minute of it. I think this car had to be designed with us in mind because it fits us so perfectly. The middle row slides forward and back which means Reese can seat behind the passenger seat and Nate still has enough room to sit comfortably (in the passenger seat, remember it's my car), something that was never an option in the Jetta, and she can see out the back window so I don't have to listen to her complain anymore....it's a good thing. Anyways, as I'm sure you can tell from my braggadocious post, we're very excited to have our new car.

No comments: