Friday, April 27, 2012

August 2011…The rest of Aunt Kendra’s visit

I’m behind, way behind, like almost a year behind…where do I even begin.  I’m thinking the best route to take is to just rush through the past so I have it written down and then start fresh at the present and try to stay up to date.  So here it goes, the next few posts will be the last few months in a nutshell (and it was a busy few months).

August was when Nate’s sister Kendra had come to visit us and we tried to do some fun things with her.  We took her to Cologne to tour the cathedral and then we also went over to the zoo there because we think it’s one of the best zoos.  We climbed the spire at the cathedral which was quite the accomplishment, Reese walked the majority of the way up and needed a little help at the end but then again I wished I could have someone carry me up those last few steps.  Nate had to be careful carrying Finn in the backpack so that Finn didn’t hit his head and he kept grabbing the walls as well which made it a little more difficult, but once we got to the top the view was worth it.  We’d been to Cologne so many times without climbing the spire that I was glad we finally did it. This was Finn’s first trip to the Cologne zoo and it was fun to see him enjoy the fish, he didn’t have quite the fascination that Reese did on her first trip but he still liked them.

DSC_0399DSC_0410DSC_0400DSC_0412

DSC_0419DSC_0420DSC_0432DSC_0443DSC_0492DSC_0499

No comments: