Wednesday, October 6, 2010

This Time, It’s a BOY!

DSC_0545DSC_0551

I went to the doctor a week and a half ago (when I was 17.5 weeks pregnant) and the doctor confirmed that we are in fact STILL having a boy.  Nate was certain after the last appointment but the only thing I was certain about was that there’s was a pretty good chance that we’d find out we were having a second girl at this visit.  Baby Boy looks very healthy, no signs of down syndrome or spina bifida which is of course far more important then what’s going on between the legs.  I’m already a bit concerned since his head measures in the 97th percentile, an entire week larger than the rest of his body, but the doctor didn’t seem as concerned as I was (probably because nothing on him has to stretch to get that gynormous melon out).  I had been having some kidney, back and abdominal pain which concerned him but all the tests say I’m fine so he has cleared me to continue to do as I please.  We’re hoping the rest of this pregnancy goes smoothly and of course that when we go back in a few weeks we won’t be told that the third leg fell off.  Now it’s on to more important things like picking names and getting the bedroom ready, though I’m not holding my breath that either one of those things will come about quickly since Nate only likes stupid names instead of the amazingly perfect names that I’ve come up with.  Why is it that last time we had a boy’s name picked out and had a hard time deciding on a girl’s name while this time we had a few girls names picked out but are far from having a boy’s name.   

Being the proud mother that I am, I had to include his first 3D photo (I already think he’s quite a handsome little guy) and a photo of his man parts.

SCN_0010 SCN_0011 SCN_0012

1 comment:

katrina hayes said...

wow!!! I love those 3D images! He's gorgeous already! Congrats!!! Can't wait to see more!