Monday, September 6, 2010

Deja Vu

SCN_0007

I had my third check up for baby #2 last week at 13.5 weeks along.  They were trying to do an ultrasound to check for signs of down syndrome but the baby was moving so much that they couldn’t get it to sit still long enough to look, she did however tell us that baby #2 looked like a boy.  If you’re wondering how much I believe this you can look back in the blog archive to see how I was burned the first time around when they told us at 11.5 weeks that Reese looked like a boy.  Since they couldn’t get baby to sit still long enough to measure they sent us to lunch and had us come back an hour later hoping baby would be quieter.  When we came back my doctor was out of surgery so he did the ultrasound and was able to get the measurements he needed, baby looks healthy with nothing to worry about, and once again told us it looked like a boy.  Please see the above statement about me lacking confidence in a gender guess at this point in time.  The following is a photo of something in between our child’s legs.  Now we would enjoy having a little boy join our family, but I know from experience that my little girls like to tease Mommy so I’m holding off judgment until my next appt when I may or may not believe what the doctor says.

SCN_0008

(the arrow is pointing to what the doctor labeled “the mark of a boy”)

No comments: