Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

This Mother's Day had the all makings to be an extremely terrible day and despite all of that it some how turned out amazing. Nate has been in Spain for the past two weeks and despite our desire to go see him it just would've been too hard. He's 2 1/2 hours outside of Madrid so Reese and I would have to fly in and then rent a car to get down to him plus he's staying in dorms on a spanish base so Reese and I would have to get a hotel as well plus when you figure in the fact that there isn't much to do where he's at it just would've been a waste. So anyways, it was just going to be Reese and I for Mother's Day. I decided last year that every year for Mother's Day I want Nate to take some nice pictures of Reese and I, not just your run of the mill everyone with mom on the front porch pictures, but actually going somewhere and making an effort to get cute pictures. With Nate being gone this year I was afraid I would just have to settle for a quick front porch picture but instead I was able to enlist my friend Eric, who is a wonderful amateur photographer by the way, to go out with Reese and I to take some pictures. They turned out great as you'll see at the end of this post.
Nate's not being here wasn't the only thing standing in the way of Mother's Day perfection, last week Eric asked if I would watch his 14 month old son from Saturday night through Thursday morning so he and his wife could go to Rome (maybe that's why he was so willing to take pictures for us). So now instead of just being Reese and I, I also had a spare kid for Mother's Day, to say I wasn't expecting much of the day was an understatement but boy did those two kids surprise me. I woke up Sunday morning by myself, meaning there were no children yelling for me, I ended up having to wake both of them up to get ready for church. At church they were both well behaved and then Reese went to nursery without crying for the first time in weeks which made me VERY happy. On our way home from church they both fell asleep in the car and despite the fact that they both woke up when I was getting them out of the car, they both fell right back to sleep when I put them in bed meaning that I was able to take a wonderful Sunday nap. When I woke up from my nap they were both barely waking up so I got them out of bed and then we had a snack of fresh baked bread with honey butter that a sweet woman at church had given us that morning. For dinner we'd been invited over to our home teacher's house and we had an amazing looking and tasting meal with his family plus Reese got to run around and have a blast with their kids. When we left to go home she was actually crying because she couldn't stay and play. We got home just before bedtime and I put the kids to bed and those ended a very low key but extremely enjoyable day. Is it selfish to dream of more days like yesterday?
 
DSC_0070(1)DSC_0626(1)DSC_0623(1)DSC_0629(1)DSC_0641(1)DSC_0667(1)DSC_0668(1)DSC_0677(1)

photoshopped(1)

1 comment:

katrina hayes said...

those are great pics! sorry you didnt have your man with you, but i'm glad it turned out to good! man, what luck, i can't believe how good the two kids were for you. they must have sensed that you needed a happy day. :)