Friday, November 6, 2009

Irony at its finest

It's 10am here in our lovely home in Arenrath and I'm on the phone with Nate discussing how wonderful our little girl is who's been being a funny yet sweet little girl all morning. The little girl in question is sitting in the living room playing with her doll when all the sudden she pops up, walks past me in to the kitchen and over to the bakers rack where the fortune cookies from last nights chinese dinner are sitting. She reaches up, and by the way I didn't even realize she could reach up that high, grabs a cookie and walks right past me. Usually she grabs something and then brings it to me to have me open it or help her have it in some way or another, but today she just walked back in to the living room while I stared after her. I then watched, and narrated to Nate, as she attempted to open the fortune cookie wrapper...naturally Jaeger was standing by ready to help in any way she could. Finally I ask if she wants help opening the cookie, having decided that the whole incident caught me so off guard that she deserves the cookie. She brings it over to me and I open it and read her fortune: "You know how to make the right decisons"