Friday, March 27, 2009

Dance Moves

Reese and I arrived back home in Germany Tuesday morning after successfully catching a hop out of Baltimore on our first try. I have to admit I was a little worried, they got to my category and after calling one name they said the plane was full but they were still waiting on some ticketed passengers (i.e. people on orders) to arrive so to wait around, lucky for us some people decided not to show up so we made the flight. When Nate picked us up we headed straight for the doctor to have Reese checked out since she'd had a horrible cough for a few days, turns out she had an ear infection so she's being pumped full of antibiotics now and other than being crabby randomly throughout the day she's doing well.
We had a lot of fun on the East Coast with Sharon and I'll be sure to write a whole post about it complete with pictures in a few days when things have settled down around here, if that ever happens. I actually jumped on to post that Reese has gotten some sweet new dance moves that I've yet to get on tape but DESPERATELY need to. Whenever the mood strikes her to start dancing she busts out the pelvic thrust!! It is hilarious!! Music will be on and she'll be standing and start throwing her hips forward, she'll even do it while in a crawling position or even while you're holding her, it's a dance move without requirements. Her only other move is what I'll call the squat, which is when she kind of bounces up and down while standing, but I think the pelvic thrust is funnier so I'll be sure to get it on film soon enough and post a clip of it.

3 comments:

Adventures in Petersonland said...

how SWEET that reese already knows how to do the uber cool pelvic thrust move! im STILL trying to perfect that and im in my mid 20's! hahahaha!
im so happy to know that you were able to get back home so quick! definately the fastest i have heard of anyone doing space a without their husband with them.
i hope reese is over her ear infection! those are never fun.

Jenny said...

She's getting so grown up!! We love you! Glad you had a safe trip

Abby said...

She is so old, indeed! How time flies. So are you in "the states" now for good? I hate ear infections almost as much as I hate antibiotics! Hope she heals quickly (and without some sort of yeast infection--ew.)